Asked to write a case study? Unsure where to start? Case studies vary in length and detail depending on whether they are purely for reflection, to present to your team or for a university project. Read the marking scheme.
Ultimately you need to consider:
- Case Report
- Clinical reasoning and underlying mechanisms
Find below a mixture of case studies including examiner’s comments and marks.. Look at good and bad examples to highlight differences and so that you can avoid the same mistakes!!!
You have a right to destroy your lungs but why should I have to experience 200 poisonous chemicals, 43 of which an cancerous every time you have a drag?
I will remember NYE 2013 for all the wrong reasons. I proved extremely unpopular when I lost my temper at five of my good friends after a great night out at a club. We all returned back to the flat and they began smoking inside. I come from an affluent area, I went to an average, state school, all of my friends have been to university. My point is they are EDUCATED yet they still have no qualms about the damage they are doing to their lungs and mine.
Please take the time to read this great inservice training and if you smoke maybe take a thought about others around you and not just yourself. With so many alternatives theres no excuse.
Want to quit ?
NHS FREE advice and tools
Calling all Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists!!
Please can you participate in my (Mrsparr) online survery regarding the relevance of the NICE LBP guidelines to musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice.
It is for the research aspect of my MSc in Advancing Physiotherapy and will take less than 5min to complete.
(This has been display on behalf of a fellow physiotherapist. Physiowizard accepts no responsibility for the content and information shown on the following link)
Each patient is different and no two will be the same so you will need to clinically reason each choice. For the following questions consider your patient to be normal with no complications.
- What mobility aid do patients usual require Day 1 total hip replacement?
- How long is the average length of stay for a patient following a total knee replacement?
- You come to see a patient and need to check observations are normal before you get the patient out of bed. What are the normal ranges for blood pressure?
- Name four exercises which would be suitable for a Day 1 total knee replacement to begin providing they were a text book case with no complications?
- Which leg should the patient place first to help offload the operated leg day 1 Right TKR when using a zimmer frame?
- What movement should be avoided Day 1 ACL?
Click here for Answers