Are you confident that you know the divisions of the nervous system?
Keywords: Neurology, nervous system, physiotherapy, learning, revision, Autonomic, parasympathetic, central, peripheral.
The following video provides you with an overview of the nervous system. Don’t forget to answer the questions below to check you have retained the information.
Divisions of the Nervous System
Please watch the video and then test yourself on the following questions…
1. What is the sensory division for?
2. What do the efferent neurones do?
3. What is the difference between voluntary or involuntary signal from the CNS to target cells?
4. What does the somatic nervous system do?
5. What two divisions make up the autonomic nervous system?
6. If the sympathetic nervous system is stimulated what response would you expect?
7. If the parasympathetic nervous system is stimulated what response would you expect?