Keywords: exercises for children, assessment, treatment, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, paediatric jobs, paediatric physiotherapy.
What can physiotherapy do for paediatric patient’s?
Physiotherapy plays a huge part in lives of many children. From the problems they may experience at birth which involve care of their lungs, postures and breathing to playing a vital role in normal development in those with brain injury, cerebral palsy or other conditions. For many you will be teaching those how to manage conditions that will effect them for their whole lives such as cystic fibrosis and learning disabilities. Working with children can be exceptionally rewarding however you will have to use your creative skills to entertain and incorporate fun into treatments. Other specialist jobs can include pitchside for development squads, hydrotherapy and splinting.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sporting injuries
- Growth Deformities
- Poor growth
- Cystic fibrosis
Learning about Children
- Problem based learning scenarios
- Practical Learning Scenarios
- Jobs working with children
- Consent in regards to children
- 24 hour postural Management (2007) – The North West Group of Paediatric Physiotherapists & Children’s Occupational Therapists have been working hard to put together these guidelines. Physical activity patterns- Children in England
Salisbury NHS Foundation