Learning Objectives help formulate goals and record of achievement. The following example shows possible objectives for an orthopaedic rotation.
Learning Objectives (Discussed with senior -place name here)
- Gain in depth knowledge of surgical techniques for variety of joints. Ie shoulder, hip, knee, ankle observation.
- Consolidate knowledge of basic orthopaedic procedures and their normal post op physio protocol.
- Develop knowledge of initial assessment and differential diagnosis. Spend time observing consultants for a variety of joints.
Ie Mr Packham (shoulder)
Mr Winson/Hepple (Ankle)
Mr Murray (knee)
- Visit surgery and review relevant literature.
- Develop evidence based fact sheets for common surgical procedures.
- Spend time in consultant clinics
- Improve subjective Ax skills.
- Improve objective Ax skills
- Common problems of each joint
- Teaching sessions with seniors.
- Reflective writing.
- Review of the relevant literature.
Record of learning
|Date||Time||Activity||Main points of learning|
|15/2/11||1.5 hours||Observation of OPT PT||Acupuncture benefits, contraindications.Dupuytrens splint, exercise restriction.|
|16/2/11||2 hours||Subjective and Objective AX for the knee.||Special questionsPractical revision of tests.Revision of anatomy.|