Below is a learning aid for shoulder impingement(Sub acromial pain syndrome). Complete the questions to explore around the subjective and expand your knowledge on shoulder impingement(Sub acromial pain syndrome)., assessment techniques and available treatments.
- Define corticosteroids
Anatomy and Physiology
- Explore anatomy of the shoulder
- Research the clinical presentation of frozen shoulder and shoulder impingement.
- Demonstrate understanding of a normal capsular pattern.
- Evaluate the importance of a subjective assessment of the shoulder (24 hour pattern and positioning. Special questions. SIN factor, possible aggravates/eases)
- Compare alternative mobility AIDs.
- Identify a suitable objective Ax for shoulder impingement.
- Review treatments for frozen shoulder and impingement.
- Appraise the use of Voltarol and codeine phosphate. Show understanding of indications and contraindications.
- Discuss the physiological issues that may impact on rehabilitation.