Podcasts are one of easiest ways to learn and hear other expert opinions and tips on how to assess and treat. Download can take seconds and then you have a list of things for your commute to work, gym session or hungover uni state (Come on we have all been there!!).
Find below a few of the major journals who run their own podcast keeping you up to date on the latest research and lets face it with the growing move towards evidenced based medicine this should be guiding our treatments alongside experience and a large dose of common sense. We have also taken the time to collect some notes to make your life easier!
British Journal of Sports medicine
You can also get all of these through itunes if you are having difficulty to accessing them.
Revision notes can be found below
- 26/09/12 BSJM Podcast Robert Sallis : Practicalities of exercise in medicine.
- 01/10/12 BJSM Mark Hutchinson: Managing leg pain – Focus on chronic exertional compartment syndrome
- 06/03/12 BJSM Bronwyn Bell: Exercise during Pregnancy
- 02/08/12 BJSM Anthony Beutler: The Jump ACL
- 08/05/12 BJSM Ann Cools: Shoulder Injuries
- 04/04/12 BJSM Ben Kibler: The Shoulder in Sport : Click here for Podcast and revision notes
- 26/10/11 BJSM Andew Franklyn-Miller : Biomechanical overload and lower limb injuries
- 05/01/11 BSJM Bruce Forster, David Hancock and John Orchard: What is the future in sports imaging?
- 13/01/12 BSJM Carl Askling: Hamstring Injuries
What better way to learn anatomy than sat on the commute to university or whilst at the gym! These are all available free on ITunes just click on podcasts and click ‘Clinical Anatomy Stanford University’
Physio Edge was started by David Pope, an Australian Physiotherapist and the Managing Director of Clinical Edge, as another means to inspire Physiotherapists, provide access to fantastic interviews anddiscussions with world-leading Physiotherapists, and stimulate our thinking about WHY we are Physiotherapists.
With regular blogposts and podcasts, this is a place for the Physio community to share thoughts and come together for some discussion. All are available on itunes just search ‘podcasts>physioedge’
- PE #001 – David Butler – “Painful paradigms and sensitive systems”
- PE #002: LJ Lee – “Analysing movement, and clinical expertise or research”
- PE #003: Rugby, rehab and return to sport – an interview with Australian Qantas Wallabies Physio Andrew Ryan
- PE #004: Hip Injuries and Labral tears. Nichole Hamilton.
- PE #005: Tendons and tendinopathy with Jill Cook
- PE #006: TA, “Core Stability”, Drivers and going beyond the pain experience with LJ Lee
- PE #007: Dry Needling with Andrew Hutton
- PE #008: Golf Injuries and Performance Improvement. An Interview with Matt Green
- PE #009 Lateral Hip Pain with Dr Alison Grimaldi
- PE #010 Biomechanics of running with Blaise Dubois
- PE #011 Hamstring Tendinopathy with Dr Alison Grimaldi
- PE #012 Plantar Fascia, Achilles Tendinopathy and Nerve Entrapments with Russell Wright
- PE #013 Cervical Spine Artery and VBI testing with Roger Kerry
- PE #014 Chronic Low Back Pain with Peter O’Sullivan
- PE #015 Cervicogenic headaches with Ken Niere
- PE #016 Preventing hamstring injuries with Dr Kristian Thorborg
- PE #017 Injury Reduction with Dr Peter Brukner
- PE #018 Exploring the Pelvis with Diane Lee
- PE #019 Hamstring Strength, Flexibility and Injuries with Kieran O’Sullivan
- PE #020 Women’s Health with Lori Forner
- PE #021 Shoulder pain, rotator cuff tendinopathy and frozen shoulder with Dr Jeremy Lewis
- PE #022 Chronic low back pain with Dr Kieran O’Sullivan
- PE #023 Lower limb tendinopathies with Dr Peter Malliaras
- PE #024 Thoracic Ring Approach with Dr Linda-Joy (LJ) Lee
- PE #025 Groin Assessment with Dr Kristian Thorborg
- PE #026 Gymnastics Injuries with Kingsley Gibson
- PE #027 Managing Sports Injuries with Dr Nathan Gibbs
- PE #028 Groin Injuries, Screening and Rehabilitation with Dr Kristian Thorborg
- PE #029 Acute Knee Injuries with Kurt Lisle
- PE #030 CrossFit Injuries with Antony Lo
- PE #031 Unruly Scapula assessment and retraining with Ann Cools
- PE #032 How to rehabilitate ACL Injuries with Enda King
- TSP 001: Introduction and Elite Sports Physiotherapy with James Sutherland
- TSP 002: Dynamic Tape and Product Invention with Ryan Kendrick
- TSP 003: Achilles Tendinopathy with Karim Khan
- TSP004: Mobilisation with Movement with Bill Vicenzino
- TSP005: The Throwing Shoulder with Rod Whiteley
- TSP007-Preventing Groin Injuries with Jeff Boyle
- TSP 006: Sports Psychology with Paul Penna
- TSP008: LARS/ACL Reconstruction with Jonathan Mulford
- TSP009: Footwear Prescription for Running with Trent Salkavich
Other podcasts search in Itunes
- Podcast 1
- Podcast 2(Exercise physiology)
Learn out loud is also a useful resource.
Physical therapy Journal
- Beyond the Step Count: “Real World” Walking Activity in People After Stroke
- Electrotherapy and Pain
- The Influence of Fear-Avoidance Beliefs on Patient Outcomes: How Much Influence—and What Are the Next Steps for Research?
- Clinical Decision Making in Exercise Prescription for Fall Prevention
- Exercise Treatments for Patients With Low Back Pain
- Quality Indicators in Physical Therapist Practice
- Telehealth for Physical Therapist Practice
- Direct Consumer Access to Physical Therapy
- Self-Referral in Physical Therapy: Does It Matter?
- “RCTs on Disability Intervention in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation: Unique Challenges and Opportunities” Symposium
- International Perspectives on the Development and Use of Clinical Guidelines in Physical Therapy
- Outcome Measures for People With Parkinson Disease
- Age-Related Differences in Muscle Fatigue
- Physical Therapist Practice in the Acute Care Setting
- Overuse, Underuse, and Misuse of Physical Therapy for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Outpatient Physical Therapy Utilization and Outcomes for Medicare Beneficiaries: Implications for the Profession
- Do Physical Therapists Publish What They Preach?
- Locomotor Training in People With Chronic Spinal Cord Injury
- “Enhancing Clinical Practice Through Psychosocial Perspectives in the Management of Low Back Pain” Symposium
- Variability in Pediatric Physical Therapist Practice
- The ICF and Physical Therapist Practice
- The Feet First Trial: Walking Exercise Programs for Patients With Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Acute Care Physical Therapist Practice Analysis
- Fat, Muscle, and the Benefits of Exercise for People With Diabetes
- Physical Therapist Management of Stress Urinary Incontinence
- “Slow and Steady Wins the Race”: Physical Therapy and the Management of Fibromyalgia
- Identifying Future Fallers: It’s Not Black and White
- Physical Therapy for Patients With Hip Fracture: What Are the Optimal Approaches?